Tonight England play Uruguay, who also need to win to stay in the World Cup. I'm not sure I can bear to watch it.
Ugh. Some nations don't even know they are born. And now Spain are out they're getting even worse. Hah! Spain and their one measly world cup! says A.
I fear the world cup fever is about to get worse though. You see we didn't check very thoroughly to see when Italy and England are playing, and it's looking increasingly likely that England, or far more likely Italy will be playing on our wedding day. Sigh. I must resign myself to more irritating football comments, and possibly even football watching even on my wedding night. Is nothing sacred?!
Admittedly I realise that this will put A in an even more impossible situation than it does me. What poor man should have to choose between his wedding night and supporting his team at the World Cup? I'm sure he knows what's best for him. Ahem. (I know what you're thinking A, give her two glasses of wine and she'll be asleep in no time).
And while I'm on the subject of weddings I have heard a lot of funny things recently from friends and family with regard to Italian and English traditions, which occasionally make me want to pull at my hair (panicked emails - OMG have you told everyone not to wear hats?!!!) but mainly laugh.
So I'd like to state for the record, not that any of my family read this, (if they do I shall soon find out in the comments) that
- Notwithstanding what you may have read on the internet, I will not be meeting and greeting my lovely guests at the ceremony an hour before, even if you are very lovely and I am very happy that you are coming.
- Dad - you do not need to give your speech in Italian!*
- You do not have to wear black (?!), in fact avoid black.
- English people are very happy drinking wine. Honestly. They do not need to drink beer at all times and on all occasions.
- You do not need to wear a morning suit because I am English.
- Likewise nobody is going to throw you out if you wish to wear a hat.
- Hats are not worn because all English women copy the Queen.
- Hats are not worn by English women because they want to copy Pippa Middleton either.
- I don't hate Camilla or Prince Charles.
- I don't think the Duke of Edinburgh ordered Diana's assassination by car crash.
|There is more than one thing wrong with this cake topper.|
*My Dad is the master of the understated wind up, (currently known as 'trolling' I believe), so I have no idea how serious he is on this one.