Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Spring Colours the Urban Way.

You never hear much about Spring colours, do you? It's always Autumnal colours that grab the headlines, but lime greens, lemon yellows and strawberry pinks are all extremely satisfying photographic fodder.


Pink through the Bars

Today I had a holiday as it is carnival and the schools are shut (hip hip hooray!) but the metro was shut due to a transport strike so I had nowhere to go to make the most of the glorious sunshine and balmy temperatures.

The Wall
Winter Jasmine

I decided to take my camera out for a walk with its kit lens and very much appreciated the warmth of the sun on my face. I wasn't feeling very inspired though. The modern urban landscape is not my cup of tea, so I made a vow. Today I would take photos only in manual (as in, there's not much to photograph I might as well as make the effort to properly get to grips with this thing!). Iso, shutterspeed, aperture, focussing. Everything in manual.



Magnolia Sky

The first photos were instant deleters as my exposure was totally wrong... but bit by bit I remembered everything I've read about manual and I got there. These are the results.


Twins
Potted Plant

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Beautiful.

Laruchka said...

Thank you very much for your comment. I was unsure about posting these photos but I had some good feedback.