Sunday, 15 September 2013

Lago Di Braies

It's back to school already, and although we've only been back a few days the holidays are already receding into the past as we (I and 200 new faces) discuss notebooks, write names on everything and tweak seating plans. At break time the noise almost rises to a jungle like cacophony and I wonder if I will ever get used to it. The Lago di Braies has never felt so far away!


Lago di Braies

This lake is at 1500m up in the Alto Adige or Sud Tirol as you may know it. Another series of Un Passo Dal Cielo with Terrence Hill was filmed there this summer and it's always popular with tourists. We were able to walk there in the evenings though and the place had a magical feeling to it. Absolutely one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I can totally recommend it if you are ever in the area on holiday or on your way to Austria (it's very near the border) or Bavaria.


The Boat House

The holiday was great. I've always wanted to see these Dolomites and they didn't disapoint.  We went hiking everyday and got quite tanned, but by the end of the week we were starting to feel like maybe we needed another holiday we did so much.

Instead of course, I got to start a new job, but I think all the climbing was worth it because there are a lot of stairs at the new school and I'm constantly going up and down them looking for things like classrooms, soap and paper. Oh man, I can't wait to know where stuff is!


Competition Entry