Sunday, 25 March 2012

Scrambling in the Rain

Valmadrera - stunning views over the village and over to Lecco as you climb and inch your way along the sheer rocky slopes. Drive North out of Milan and this is the first mountain of the Alps.

Normally I'd have taken so so many photos, but today the sky had an ugly white-out and then it started to rain so my precious camera was wrapped up in a plastic bag. Every time it stopped, I took it out only for it to start again. At the end of the day this is all I was left with.



In any case, a rainy walk with views as good as these is better than a sunny Sunday in the Milanese suburbs.

Otherwise I would never have over heard this conversation of a man and friends standing out on the grass of his garden.

Woman: What are you looking for?

Man: Nettles.

"Oooh yummy!" they all chorus.

No comments: